Project Update: December 2020
Thank you for your feedback!
In early 2020 we asked for your help in shaping the future of arts and cultural spaces in Cockburn. We sought insight into your creative world, asking how you like to create, the arts and cultural spaces you like to use and the challenges you face.
You participated in workshops, listening posts, meetings, discussions and an online survey. The feedback you provided was reviewed and will be used to guide updates to the City's Arts and Cultural Strategy, a plan that will drive action in the arts and culture space over the next five years.
You told us:
There is very strong community support for arts and culture programs, events, activities and facilities to be provided by the City of Cockburn. The provision of more arts and cultural facilities within the City of Cockburn will encourage increased participation in the arts. Key priorities are:
- An indoor performance space for music, dance and theatre
- An outdoor performance space for concerts, festivals and markets
- A multi-arts centre to hold classes, workshops, production and to allow networking
- A program of affordable arts, craft and cultural classes conducted throughout the community using local artists as instructors
- A demonstration of the Council’s commitment to accommodate and develop the profile of arts and cultural activities as part of its strategic direction.
What will happen next?
The updated Arts and Cultural Strategy will be presented to Council in the first half of 2021 at an Ordinary Council Meeting. Agendas will be available on the City's website a week prior to the meeting.