1. What are the ideas already for Albion Park?
It's quite a windswept park so we want to increase the vegetation. Our ideas include:
- An ornamental orchard of snow pear trees around the playground
- Two new shelters in the same design as the existing shelters, with access paths
- A double barbecue
- A drink fountain
- AFL football posts for practice
- New sprinklers for existing trees and replacement of any dead trees
- New park signs (including dogs on lead)
We await your ideas to finalise the plan
2. What are our ideas already for Ramsay Park?
- We've started cutting down any dead branches on the trees.
- We are merging the two playground areas into one and proving a better path to the playground
- We will fence the park
- We are improving the vegetation by adding some low level native plants and clearing out the dead undergrowth.
3. How much does a BBQ cost?
The City buys a barbecue for about $10,000 and then installs a concrete pad and connects the barbecue to power, if available. For example, the new BBQ at Rinaldo Park, Coolbellup cost $15,000. Additionally, the City pays for the cleaning and servicing of its BBQs each year.
4. How much do toilets cost?
Toilet blocks cost about $350,000 to supply and
install. On top of this, the City has to pay to connect to sewer, power and