Project Update: September 2020
Thank you for having your say!
In March 2020 we asked what your vision and priorities are for the new Cockburn Coast Sports Field.
What we did
- Pop-up community workshop in Barrow Park, North Coogee
- Wrote to residents within 300m of the site
- Emailed an e-newsletter to Comment on Cockburn subscribers who live in North Coogee
- Emailed local sporting clubs
- Installed signs near the site
- Placed an advert in the Cockburn Gazette
- Posted about the project on social media
- Hosted an online community survey which was visited 258 times and had 68 responses.
What our community said
The community's vision for Cockburn Coast Oval is a clean and accessible open space to enjoy formal and informal exercise, sport and play -
"We would love plenty of shade, trees, and access to essential amenities like water fountains and bins to keep it clean. Generally, nearby open spaces meet our needs quite well and we look forward to the opportunities this new facility presents the Cockburn coast community."
Key priorities include:
- Toilet facilities
- Trees and landscaping
- Water fountains
- Kids play features
The City will consider feedback in the design development for stage one and two of this project. The next steps are to engage an external consultant to assist us in preparing the designs. We expect this to occur in late 2020 and draft designs to be complete in 2021. As part of the Development Application process, the community will have an opportunity to review the draft designs.
Consultation has concluded