Project Update: September 2020
Thank you for having your say!
In March 2020 we asked what your vision and priorities are for the new Cockburn Coast Sports Field.
What We Did
- Pop-up community workshop in Barrow Park, North Coogee
- Sent a letter to residents within 300m of the site
- Sent an e-newsletter to Comment on Cockburn subscribers in the North Coogee area
- Emailed local sporting clubs
- Placed signs near the site
- Placed an advert in the Cockburn Gazette
- Posted about the project on social media
- Hosted an online community survey which was visited 258 times and had 68 responses.
What You Said
The community's vision for Cockburn Coast Oval is a clean and accessible open space to enjoy formal and informal exercise, sport and play. We would love plenty of shade and trees, and access to essential amenities such as water fountains and bins to keep it clean. Generally, nearby open spaces meet our needs quite well and we look forward to the opportunities this new facility presents the Cockburn coast community.
The key priorities were:
- Toilet facilities
- Trees and landscaping
- Water fountains
- Kids play features
Feedback will influence the design and infrastructure to be provided over the two stages of the project. The next steps are to engage an external consultant to assist develop the designs of the future sports oval and supporting infrastructure. This is expected to commence in late 2020. As part of the Development Application process, the community will have the opportunity to review the designs once further developed, which is expected to occur in early 2021.
Consultation has concluded