- Helping connect not-for-profit organisations, volunteers and community members with relevant services
- Supporting volunteering in and around Cockburn
- Providing support, funding and subsidies for running events, community projects and fundraising
- Strengthening networks between not-for-profit organisations
- Strengthening the capacity of not-for-profit organisations and local residents
- Residents associations
- Community and sporting groups
- Not-for-profit organisations
- Individual community members
What is community development?
Community development is a process in which community members come together to take collective action and develop solutions to common problems.
The City of Cockburn's role is to partner with and support residents and community groups to take action to improve their own communities and reach their own aspirations for the future.
What sorts of things does the City of Cockburn do in community development?
The City of Cockburn's role in community development is to partner with and support residents and community groups to take action to improve their own communities and reach their own aspirations for the future.
We do this by:
What types of groups does the City of Cockburn support?
Examples of who we support include:
Why does the City need my input?
The City of Cockburn Community Development Strategy (2016-2020) needs to be updated, and it was requested by Council that a separate Volunteer Strategy is also created to support ongoing sustainability of volunteer groups/ volunteering and to reinforce the City’s commitment to volunteers.
Community feedback is sought to inform the development of the strategies. It will help us understand what is working well, and where there are improvements to be made.